Monday, February 9, 2009

About Me

I am a third year student at the University of Akron, majoring in Psychology with a focus on women's studies (possibly a minor). Having just entered the psychology program last semester I am still figuring out where I want to go with my education. I will definitely be going into a masters program and am currently checking out programs involving gender conflict. I decided to enter psychology after taking a psychology of women course. This is where I found myself being truly intrigued and interested. This interest has only grown after taking a few more courses in this area. I am probably most interested in the social aspect of psychology and the interactions between people. I also self identify as a feminist, even though I have no time to be more active in this role, but I believe it is first important to take up the label.
Outside of my academic life, I work two jobs both of which have no serious room for growth. I am looking forward to moving on from those. I enjoy reading for pleasure when I can and am somewhat of a homebody, and an introverted individual. Although I do like to go out with friends and have intellectual discussions over glasses of wine :). I am also interested in anything French, and am currently studying the language. Of course there is more to me but it is difficult to put it into words so I will end here!

No comments:

Post a Comment